SA ‘dokters’ in China moet glo oor begin in Rusland

Sowat 60 Vrystaatse mediese studente wat al drie jaar in China studeer, gaan glo na Rusland gestuur word waar hulle van voor af met hul studie moet begin. Dit omdat die Raad vir Gesondheidsberoepe van Suid-Afrika nie hul kwalifikasies erken nie omdat dit glo nie op peil is nie.

So beweer Kgotso Morapela, Vrystaatse leier van die EFF.

Dit is glo omdat die Vrystaatse premierskantoor wat die beursprojekte hanteer, die studente van swak inligting voorsien het, sê Morapela.

Tiisetso Makhele, woordvoerder van die Vrystaatse premier, Ace Magashule, het gesê hulle wag op die EFF om met hulle oor die saak te praat.

“Die Vrystaatse Provinsiale Regering het ’n komitee gestig wat alle sake rondom die beursprogramme hanteer. Ons sal die saak met die nodige waardigheid hanteer.”
Continue reading…

Enjoyed this post? Share it!

 
 

#LifeEsidimeni: Motsoaledi and Makhura could be forced to pay up from their pockets

Those who oversaw the removal of mental health patients could face the full wrath of the law as could those standing by as KZN’s cancer care fails.

Gauteng health department officials could be criminally charged with culpable homicide for their roles in the Life Esidimeni scandal, says David McQuoid-Mason, a law professor at the University of KwaZulu-Natal’s Centre for Socio-Legal Studies.

He believes former Gauteng health MEC Qedani Mahlangu, her former head of department, Barney Selebano, and the mental health services director, Makgoba Manamela, could be convicted of culpable homicide if prosecutors can prove their negligence caused the deaths of at least 144 patients and that these deaths were illegal. McQuoid-Mason was speaking at a lecture hosted by the University of the Witwatersrand Steve Biko Centre for Bioethics last week.
Continue reading…

Enjoyed this post? Share it!

 
 

Geld groot kopseer vir gesondheid in Gauteng

Die onlangse uitbreking van die dodelike listeriose in Gauteng is nie die grootste probleem wat die provinsiale gesondheidsdepartement in die gesig staar nie. Die min geld tot die einde van die finansiële jaar is vir die DA ’n bron van kommer.

Jack Bloom, die DA se woordvoerder in Gauteng, sê hoewel listeriose moeilik is om te bekamp, het die voorkoming van die siekte in werklikheid ’n minimale impak op die departement se funksionering.

Dr. Gwen Ramokgopa, Gauteng se LUR vir gesondheid, het Dinsdag by ’n voorlegging aan die provinsiale portefeuljekomitee oor gesondheid erken haar departement sukkel om die siekte te bekamp.

Continue reading…

Enjoyed this post? Share it!

 
 

The real reason why Gauteng doesn’t want to pay up for #LifeEsidimeni

‘Families should be compensated for trauma, but not for what the deceased went through’, says state advocate.

The Gauteng provincial government’s resistance to paying Constitutional damages to the families who lost their loved ones in the Life Esidimeni tragedy, may be tied to the fear of accepting greater responsibility.

This follows a 2015 Gauteng health department decision to place almost 1700 former Life Esidimeni mental health patients in the care of deadly NGOs. While 144 have since died, a further 12 remain missing.
Continue reading…

Enjoyed this post? Share it!

 
 

Life Esidimeni families want R1.5m each for constitutional damage

On top of the R200‚000 compensation for emotional shock‚ psychological injury and funeral expenses from the State‚ Life Esidimeni families want each claimant to receive R1.5-million for constitutional damage redress.

On Thursday‚ the Life Esidimeni arbitration convened for closing arguments in Parktown‚ Johannesburg. Though the two parties agreed on the emotional trauma claim under common law‚ in respect of the claim for constitutional damages‚ the State and Section 27 did not reach an agreement.

Section 27 Advocate Adila Hassim argued why the State should compensate the families for the violation of constitutional rights.
Continue reading…

Enjoyed this post? Share it!

 
 

Gewonde slagoffer van plaasaanval wag nog steeds op gesondheidsorg

Neem kennis: Foto kan sensitiewe lesers onstel.

Berdus Henrico, wat Dinsdag 6 Februarie tydens ’n plaasaanval in die Melkrivier-omgewing in Limpopo geskiet is, het teen Donderdag 12:00 steeds met twee koeëls in sy skouer en arm gesit.

Hoewel hy vir X-strale Polokwane toe gestuur is en gisternag weer in die F.H. Odendaal-hospitaal op Modimolle opgeneem is, het hy daarna nog nie verdere behandeling ontvang vir die skietwonde nie, het sy verloofde, Estelle Niewenhuys, aan Die Pos gesê.
Continue reading…

Enjoyed this post? Share it!

 
 

Mediclinic warns of employment scam

Advertisements on social media offering employment at Mediclinic are likely a hoax, the private hospital group says.

Positions advertised may include emergency care technicians, nurses, security, porters and other administration opportunities. The modus operandi of such scams often includes the solicitation of money through informal channels such as money market counters to cellular telephone numbers as part of the application or training process.

Mediclinic warns of employment scam

“It is important to note that Mediclinic would never require a job applicant to make a payment as part of the application process,” a statement said.
Continue reading…

Enjoyed this post? Share it!

 
 

62 psigiatriese pasiënte nog vermis na Life Esidimeni-skandaal

Dit lyk soos ’n lys soldate wat ná ’n oorlog vermis is in aksie – maar in die werklike lewe is dit die lys van die Gautengse departement van gesondheid se lys van 62 psigiatriese pasiënte wat met die Life Esidimeni-skandaal verdwyn het.

Die pasiënte kan nêrens opgespoor word nie nadat hulle vanuit die sorgeenheid na verskeie ongeregistreerde sorgsentrums oorgeplaas is.

Altesaam 143 pasiënte is sedert die verskuiwing dood.

’n Arbitrasieverhoor word tans gehou onder die voorsitterskap van regter Dikgang Moseneke.
Continue reading…

Enjoyed this post? Share it!

 
 

Cancer patient dies after being sent home because he was ‘going to die anyway’

A DURBAN man diagnosed with stage four cancer was reportedly refused treatment at Addington Hospital. He said he was told he was old and “going to die anyway”. He wanted justice for other elderly patients.

The Sunday Tribune Herald spoke to him earlier in the week, and on Saturday, he died. By this time, the Sunday Tribune Herald had already been printed.

This was his story:

Hoosen Noor Mahomed, 60, of Charlotte Maxeke (Beatrice) Street wanted to share his story in the hope that others like him won’t have to endure such treatment.
Continue reading…

Enjoyed this post? Share it!

 
 

Another project costing a whooping R127-million on a condom no one wanted?

Every year, South Africa distributes tens of millions of female condoms, making the country home to one of the largest female condom programmes in the world, research published in the 2017 South African Health Review (SAHR) shows.

The tenders for these condoms are big business. The government paid billions to suppliers of male and female condoms, as well as lubricants, for three years as part of the most recent tender.

The health department should be commended for ramping up the number of female condoms it has bought and distributed over the past decade, surpassing its own target of 25-million annually in 2015/2016, the research reveals.
Continue reading…

Enjoyed this post? Share it!